What is Hospice?
Hospice is skilled medical care that focus on the final stages of life. Hospice care assist patients and families to live as fully and comfortably as possible. We help patients and loved ones during this difficult time. Hospice is based on the belief that patients and their love ones have the right to comfort and respect in life’s final stages.
Heavenly Hands Hospice offers a supportive care, medical management, and comfort to patients and families. Our services include:
- Physician care, nursing, home health aide service
- Social services, spiritual care, and volunteer support for patient and caregivers.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutritional counseling, speech therapy, laboratory analysis.
- Drugs, medical supplies, x-ray, durable medical equipment, palliative chemotherapy, palliative radiation therapy, and certain surgical procedures when needed for pain and symptom management.
- Short inpatient stays and respite care.
- Bereavement services continue for the family and friends for 13 months
Levels of Hospice Care
As an advocate for end of life care, Heavenly Hands Hospice, LLC is proud to offer unsurpassed services across all four levels of hospice care.
- Routine Homecare: Available wherever the patient calls home (residence, nursing home and assisted living facilities, etc.)
- Continuous Care: Medical management in the home for up to 24 hours a day when medically appropriate.
- Short-Term Inpatient Care: When medical needs cannot be managed in the home.
- Respite Care: Allows the patient a brief inpatient admission to provide caregivers “respite”.
As you consider your care options, here are frequently asked questions and responses to assist you in your decision.
- Does a patient have to be referred by a physician?
- Anyone can refer a someone to hospice. Many people including family members, friends, and hospital case managers may refer someone to hospice. If you’d like to refer someone to Heavenly Hands Hospice, please call 770-485-9186
- Does a patient have to sign a Do-Not-Resuscitate?
- A patient does not have to sign a Do-Not-Resuscitate to receive care from Heavenly Hands Hospice. This is a patient’s choice.
- What are your hours of operation?
- Heavenly Hands Hospice offers service 24 hours a day/ 7 days per week. Our care team is available to address needs, concerns, and respond to referrals at anytime.
- Can I receive care at home?
- Heavenly Hands Hospice primarily provides care for patients in their homes, assisted living or in nursing homes. However, if temporary inpatient care becomes necessary for symptom control or respite purposes, we have contracted with several local inpatient facilities to provide inpatient care for Hospice patients at the determined time needed.
- What insurance do you accept?
- Heavenly Hands Hospice accepts Medicare and Medicaid. Please call Heavenly Hands Hospice at 770-485-9186 to find out if we participate with your insurance carrier.